Sunday, November 27, 2011

birthday boy in his birthday suit



Dust and I had our first date August 19, 1995, just three months after I graduated from high school. I thought he was soooo cute! (He'd just gotten home from his mission to London, moved in with his parents across the street from my parents', and I'd definitely noticed him coming and going.) We kissed the night of our first date--ooh baby! After our date Dust said it took him hours to fall asleep. He knew there was something different about me; he had a feeling he'd just gone out with the girl he was going to marry. I, however, took a few months to realize I was hopelessly in love.
I was a freshman at BYU. I was dating Dust and dating other guys. Dust was only dating me. I kept telling him to go out with other girls. It took a while but I finally convinced him to go out with someone else. On the day of his date I panicked! I realized how I felt about him and knew I had to make my feelings known. I left a Chicago cd in his car with instructions to listen to "We can last forever." He did. He took his date to dinner and then took her home. ha!
We got engaged February 19, 1996, our six month anniversary. We were married June 28, 1996. I've been completely head over heels in love with Dust for 16 years.
He's an amazing man! He makes me happier than I ever thought possible. I love, love, love him!!!
Baby, ...I gave you my heart, I gave it all to you... "We can last forever"!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Dustin! You guys are such a cute couple. I look up to you a lot!

    ReplyDelete