Monday, November 21, 2011

a penny for my thoughts

My mind is swirling with them right now...

I love FHE (Family Home Evening)! Tonight we cleaned the house. Yay! I love that Dust will vacuum 90% of the house & the girls the other 10% so I can mop the main floor. I love that my girls are becoming really great little cleaners; they just need specific instructions. I love that what would have taken me hours to do today is now complete after just 90 minutes.

I love that my family will do silly things to make me smile/laugh till I can't breath. I wish Tatum would do Vector's (oh yeah) hip thrust on camera. There's nothing better! Seriously!

I am thinking about Elder Holland's amazing General Conference talk last month. I love Elder Holland! The part of his talk that I absolutely LOVE is, "Satan, or Lucifer, or the father of lies--call him what you will--is real, the very personification of evil. His motives are in every case malicious, and he convulses at the appearance of redeeming light, at the very thought of truth." Don't you just love that? To imagine Satan convulsing when I choose the right? When I speak kindly to my children? When I serve others? I LOVE that image.

I am thankful for the Spirit that testifies of truth. I am thankful to know that we have a living prophet on the earth today. He's not just a prophet for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He's the prophet for all the world, all faiths, all people. I am so very thankful to know the Book of Mormon is true. It is another testament of Jesus Christ. I love reading from its pages. Tonight in our family scripture study we read Jacob 1:7, "Wherefore we labored diligently among our people, that we might persuade them to come unto Christ, and partake of the goodness of God, that they might enter into his rest." I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives. I know He loves me. I have felt His love in my life. My goal is to live righteously every day so I may feel of His love, His Spirit, His comforting blessings always.

Right now I'm excited for three things...peppermint ice cream, Monday Night Football, and time on the couch with my man, my dream come true, my moustache-sporting hubby. Boy do I love that guy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment