Wednesday, November 23, 2011

sacrifice brings blessings

Today, the day before Thanksgiving, I am thankful for sacrifice. I am thankful for the sacrifice of doctors and nurses who sacrifice years of their lives to obtain an education that is incredibly difficult so they may take care of me, my family, and many more. I am thankful for the sacrifice of scientists who spend countless hours in the lab developing medicines and pain killers so we don't have to suffer. I am thankful for inventors who develop fabulous materials so hospitals can be built in all their splendor, equipped with state of the art technology and equipment.
I am thankful for my precious Montana and her sweet, pure faith. Last night as Dust and David Gillespie gave her a blessing she silently cried; giant Tana tears dripped from her closed eyes. Her complete trust in the promises of that priesthood blessing "that all would go well, that those caring for her would be blessed with the knowledge they needed to ensure her protection, that she would return home safely and recover fully" testified of the righteous desires of her heart and the faith she has in the promises of that blessing. She knew Heavenly Father was blessing her with exactly what she needed.
I love my Tana girl. She is such a sweetie, the absolute perfect oldest daughter. She is a blessing in every way.
Tana and I laughed a bit about some of the questions thrown her way through this process: "Is there any chance you could be pregnant?" asked by the x-ray tech. Tana looked at me with the most confused eyes. "Are you pooping and peeing regularly?" asked by Dr. Taylor in our office visit. Tana was horrified that he was gettin' all up in her bidness! "Have you had suicidal tendencies? Have you tried to hurt yourself? Have you been depressed?" asked by our pre-op nurse as Tana sat completely drugged...seriously in la-la land. The nurse laughed and said "nothing could get you depressed right now! Could it???" No way! That girl was on cloud nine. She must have asked me 10 times "how do you get a blown vein?" She was totally reminding me of the guys on "That 70s Show" when they sit in their circle...she was high as a kite! "How old are you, nine?" asked by our recovery nurse. Tana replied, "10." ha ha ha! She's 12 and will be 13 next month. She was still completely dazed and confused.

Here she is in her "high" condition prior to surgery...

Her she is post-op in the recovery room...

Tana was a trooper!

Sacrifice brings blessings, this I know!!!

1 comment:

  1. she is gorgeous. i love her. those pictures reminded me of her baby pictures. how did she get so big?

    ReplyDelete