Friday, December 23, 2011

oh christmas tree--oh our clean house

I accomplished so much today. I had the energy of a nesting mother-to-be. It was amazing!
I scoured all three bathrooms
dusted the baseboards
dusted the blinds & windowsills
dusted the furniture
vacuumed and swept behind the washer & dryer
vacuumed, swept, and mopped the floors
threw away all sorts of junk that inevitably accumulates in a household of six
cleaned the mirrors & windows
and swept the porch.

Dust shaved & bathed Cooper
leaving behind mountains of dark brown, Chocolate lab hair.
yuck!

I have been begging Dust for weeks to find a new home for Cooper.
My dog days are over.
Unfortunately I'm the minority
everyone else seems to like that hairy guy.

All the girls had to do was clean their rooms (make their bed, fold & put away any/all clothes, organize their stuff, and vacuum their floors--other than Ashton). Once they finished they HAD to stay either upstairs or outside. They were not allowed on the main floor. I cleaned for over six hours so they were banished (and pretty outraged) for quite a while.

I showered & got ready (well, I put on leggings, a running jacket, tennis shoes, and threw my hair into a headband & bun)
I grocery shopped--along with hundreds of others. The check-out lines were a joke.
I made Mom's chicken noodle soup (with homemade noodles) for dinner.
yum!
Then we snuggled up and watched "Joy to the World" and "Deck the Halls".

The girls are "nestled all snug in their beds"
...well they're supposed to be.
And I am working on my talk
I'm speaking on Sunday
and, well, I'm blogging too.

Dust is thrilled because "Gold Rush" is about to start.
It's quite possibly the most boring show I've seen since 7th grade Science! 

Now all we have to do in the morning is wash our bedding.
It's one of my favorite Christmas Eve traditions...
clean sheets
new jammies
And then tomorrow night we'll snuggle into bed
and eagerly await the arrival of Santy Clause!

No comments:

Post a Comment