Wednesday, August 8, 2012

mountain [wo]man

I LOVE the mountains! Love them!! When we're in Utah I love spending as much time as possible in the beautiful Rockies. My perfect combination=mountain time+family time.
We just returned from a three week trip to Utah. It was fabulous! The Baum kids are scattered all across North America (Yorba Linda, CA; Helena, MT; Destin, FL; and St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada). As luck would have it we were all home at the same time (not so much luck as careful planning). There were as many as 18 Baums at home at the same time. Home as in all under Mom & Dad's roof. It was crazy but awesome!

The girls and I arrived in Provo late July 16th. First thing July 17th we hiked the Y (as in Y Mountain above BYU). It's a steep hike but the view at the top is fabulous!


I toted the youngest Baum grandchild. My baby sister's daughter, Ellie.




Dust surprised the girls and I by showing up in Provo on the 25th. We were ecstatic when we saw his cute face!!


The morning after Dust arrived we hiked Stewart Falls. It's a tough hike too, especially for all of us sea-level dwellers, but it's absolutely beautiful!!







My heart will forever be at home in the mountains. I love their magnificence and feel so close to my Heavenly Father when I'm enjoying their beauty. I'm definitely raising four beach babes but I hope my girls will always look forward to the time they're able to spend in the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment