Sunday, August 12, 2012

run. run. run.

I have been a runner most of my life. I was a sprinter as a kid. Now I run longer distances. I've watched the Olympics the past couple weeks. (Religiously watched the Olympics. I've turned in to a total couch potato!) I'm amazed by the talents and abilities of the world's best runners. I so appreciate and admire their speed! (And possibly covet it just a bit.)
I've developed a bit of a crush. Allyson Felix is about the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life! And she runs like a superstar; the same events I used to run (100m, 200m, 400m, 4x100 and 4x400).

Although we're not exactly world class athletes we still enjoy running and racing. Ten members of the Baum crew ran the Pioneer Day 5k; eleven including Em's dad, Dan. We had a ball! And we ran pretty well! Six of us got medals. Pretty impressive.
We're planning to make it a tradition. We're already in training for next year...we plan to claim all the medals. haha!

from l to r: Dan Bingham (Em's dad), me, Tana, Katie & Jason, Donny & Em, Kennedy, Dad, Elle & BJ

Tana and Kenne were 1st and 2nd in their age group. Yay, girls!!


3 comments:

  1. I love that Felix girl, too. She's my favorite. I think you need to do a medal count. 6 of us got medals. I love you, but, come on, get your facts straight.

    Oh, and all of those cousin pictures are so adorable. -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction made, Kate! SIX of us got medals. Noted. I was counting everyone but me...I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sooo happy that you are posting again. Thanks for the blog fix!!
    Love ya,
    -mom

    ReplyDelete