I completely agree with this statement! I have experienced it both as the child and as the mom and I know for a fact, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!"
Today I am happy! My girls are home from school; it's a teacher work day. I went on a five mile run at 7am, showered & got ready and took sweet Tana to our pediatrician. Tana has a cyst on the palm side of her left hand in between the 3rd and 4th knuckles. X-rays were taken and we were referred to Dr. Taylor, a pediatric surgeon. We'll see him in the immediate future. Dr. Allen (our pediatrician) thinks they'll either inject the cyst with steroids or remove it. Tana is very apprehensive about both options. Her big baby blues were brimming with tears. Side note: today Tana weighed in at 81 pounds and is 5ft 3inches. She's a long and lean thing!!
After Tana's appointment I took Kenne to her follow up appointment with Dr. Tenholder at Orthopaedic Associates. They did x-rays of Kenne's knee. We were thrilled to know 100% there are no broken bones and no ligament damage! She was cleared for full activity in PE & sports. Yay!! (Kenne was tripped at cross country practice just over two weeks ago. Her knee swelled to the size of a small cantaloupe. She was in a ton of pain and was devastated to miss the last two meets of the season.)
Our afternoon will now be filled with play dates. Tana's heading out and the other three are bringing friends in. I'm making broccoli cheese soup for dinner (despite the fact that our chilly weather has departed). Bug is doing Family Home Evening. She said, "Mom, no one can help me!" I have a girls' night out at 8pm for Susanna Reeves' birthday and best of all, I should be done with Statistics in 3.5 weeks!! Exam 3 is en route from BYU; hopefully I'll take it Friday. I've given myself until Thanksgiving to wrap up and, heaven help me, I'd better be done before that!!!
I really wanna hear about Ashton's FHE. I'm loving this blog!
ReplyDelete