Saturday, October 22, 2011

welcome to the hive!

I am not as busy as many but am busier than some. My weekdays typically follow the same schedule: wake up at 7am, get Tatum & Ashton ready (showered, dressed, hair done, fed, lunches packed, homework reviewed, Bug's library book re-read for AR), and out the door by 8.
Either Dust or I take them to school. Then round 2: get Montana & Kennedy ready and out the door around 8:30. I then work out, shower & get ready, clean up, and fill the remainder of my school-day hours with Statistics.
The elementary girls get off the bus at 3:21 and the afternoon rush of homework, sports practices, playtime, instrument practice, dinner prep, dinner, clean up, scriptures, prayer & bedtime commences.
Of course amidst all the regular stuff there are appointments, presidency meetings, YW responsibilities, volunteering, working at Footprints on Wednesdays, driving girls to/from school, grocery shopping (yuck) and making dinner (double yuck!). Squeeze in a lunch date with a girlfriend occasionally and some much-needed tv-watching time with my handsome hubby and I am one worn out girl.
Satan is a crafty fella and from time to time somehow convinces me it's not enough. I'm not good enough, smart enough, skinny enough, fast enough, or whatever enough.
I am thankful to know it is enough. I am so very grateful to know that my success in my home is more important than anything else I will do here on Earth. Although it is incredibly important to me to finish my education (thank you BYU independent study!) the greatest work I am doing is as a wife and mother. For I know "no other success can compensate for failure in the home." (President David O. McKay)

1 comment:

  1. Again. Love. It's so nice to see this personal, intimate side to you. There's something about writing that creates a window to someone's soul. I'm happy to know this side of you! And you are more than enough. You are fabulous. I hope Ellie will be the kind of oldest child you have been. Our great example. I love you

    ReplyDelete