Guess what I spent my afternoon doing~
making whoopie.....
pies!
ha ha ha!
If you're wondering why Ashton isn't pictured enjoying a scrumptious whoopie pie it is because she chose a popsicle instead. Gasp! Can you imagine choosing a popsicle over a whoopie pie? I sure can't! Equally alarming is the fact that Dust wouldn't even try the cookie part, he only wanted the frosting. I find myself completely sympathizing with the food-pushing mamas of Italy and Greece. I want my family to eat my food, dang it!
Thank you, Elle, for introducing us to this delicious dessert! We had these (homemade oreos) for Elle's birthday treat this year and, boy, they are delightful! Soft, chewy cookies. Cream cheese frosting. Heaven.
"Sleepless in Seattle" is one of my all-time favorite movies. I love the soundtrack too; it reminds me of my sweet mom. One of the greatest songs on the soundtrack is "Making Whoopee". While making tonight's dessert I was singing this song to myself and thinking of my mom; remembering cute Meg Ryan falling in love with Sleepless in Seattle (over the radio); and enjoying every bit of it all: the cookies, the movie, my mom, the song, the cookies.
If you want to try our whoopie pies go here (it's the recipe--not a free sample I'm sorry to say). You won't be sorry! fyi: I made mine with plain cream cheese frosting. The pumpkin cream cheese frosting would have been way too crazy for my girls.

OH> MY > GOODNESS > those look so good. I know what I'm gonna be doing tomorrow. I love the visual of you singing and cooking. What could be better than Sleepless in Seattle and homemade oreos. Seriously doesn't get better than that. xoxo
ReplyDeleteElle, believe me, you will NOT be sorry! They're are amazing!! Love ya, girl!
ReplyDeleteYummy! I'll have to give those a try!
ReplyDeleteMary, you'll love them!! They'd be really good w/ peppermint cream cheese frosting too! yummy :)
ReplyDelete