Friday, November 4, 2011

my cup runneth over!

A few days ago I was thinking about how different my life was as a mother of just one little baby. As a babe Montana slept from 9pm-9am, therefore I slept till 9am. If she wasn't up there was no reason for me to be. Right? Right! As soon as we woke up I'd feed her breakfast, we'd go on a nice long walk along the Bay, I'd feed her a snack, put her down for her morning nap, lunch time, playtime, afternoon nap time, dinner, playtime with Daddy, then bedtime. I would clean, watch TV a bit, clean, take a nap (after waking up at 9am), do laundry, clean some more, and enjoy every minute of my perfect little life as a new mother (of the happiest and most animated little blondie--the Rogers & Baums were all wrapped around her little finger) and blissfully happy wife.
Life changed a bit when Kennedy appeared because she was an early to bed, early to rise girl from minute one. She was a 6pm-6am baby; the fattest, sweetest, most content, bundle of joy this earth has ever known! My mom used to say that after Kenne came I started planning coordinated nap times the second the girls woke up each morning. I had to! With two babies (20 mths apart) life revolved around their sleep time; their sleep time ensured my sanity! Life continued much the same just on an earlier schedule. We'd go on a nice long walk each morning with my double jogger and eat, sleep, clean, eat, sleep, clean (repeat). I loved every minute!
Tatum arrived as a teeny, tiny spitfire. She was so different than the other girls. She was pretty intense. I've always said that Tater would be happiest re-inhabiting my womb. Cuddling wasn't enough. She wanted to be intertwined with me: wrapped arms, wrapped legs, fingers in my hair, face to face, the whole bit. For those that know me, I'm no cuddler. This was a totally new experience for me; I utilized a lot of deep breathing trying to remain calm, and patient, and hoping to enjoy those sweet moments with my sweet #3, content #2, and helpful #1. Montana and Kennedy are 20 months apart; Kennedy and Tatum are 23 months apart. I had three girls in three and a half years. Life was B.U.S.Y.!!!
It took three years for Dust and I to work up the courage to get pregnant again. The month before Tatum's fourth birthday we had our Ashton. She's a trip. She's pure personality and has been all along. She is her Daddy's girl; she is a comic and always has an audience. Ashton is the perfect caboose. She is a go-with-the-flow kind of gal and we love that about her!
My life now never includes sleeping till 9am. My workouts are less about scenery and enjoying the moment than they are about burning as many calories/as much fat in as little time as possible. Not only are all four of my girls in school but I am too. My house used to be immaculate 24/7, seriously Mary Poppins clean all hours of the day. Now I am lucky to stay on top of the main floor. The girls' upstairs often looks like a bomb went off!
But we're happy. We're so happy! I love my hubby more than I ever knew possible. He's growing a mustache right now for 'Mo'vember. A mustache! Need I say more??? But when his big browns look at me my heart melts and I'm more hopelessly devoted than I was just seconds before, mustache and all. My girls are hilarious, they're intense, they're just awesome! They criticize my cooking and I know they're getting to the age where I embarrass them (dang it!) but they're my little superstars! I just adore them!
This journey I'm on is incredible! I'm so very thankful that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with such an incredible man and four fabulous little gals. I cherish my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; it is the Lord's true church. I am a blessed lady. My cup runneth over!

3 comments:

  1. I love that Jess. So sweet. It makes me excited to get working on baby #2. ha ha ha... not quite yet.... but excited indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! You're girls are so lucky to have you. And you better post a picture of Dust with a mustache. That's great! -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your thoughts and honesty here. It was beautifully said!

    ReplyDelete