Thursday, November 3, 2011

poor baby!



This morning Tana & I drove to Panama City for her appointment with Dr. Taylor, the pediatric surgeon. He says the cyst on her left hand needs to come out. He's quite confident it's a Ganglion cyst (Ganglion cysts are noncancerous fluid-filled lumps that most commonly develop along the tendons or joints of your wrists or hands. A ganglion cyst may develop suddenly or gradually over time. The exact cause is unknown.) but he said he can't be 100% sure until he removes it and sends it to the lab. Tana will have surgery within the next two weeks.
She is so nervous; immediately following his diagnosis she burst into tears and then quietly sobbed half the way home. Bless her heart! She's such a tough girl. She is a hard worker, she's confident, she does well in school, she's an awesome runner, a totally reliable babysitter, she's really great at everything she does! It's so rare to see the scared/unsure/threatened side of her. When she reveals it it totally breaks my heart! Oh how I wish Rayna was here to be our anaesthesiologist!!
Please keep our little Tana girl in your prayers.

5 comments:

  1. poor Tana. We'll be praying for her. She's so tough, I know she'll do great! Oh and this is Em not donny, but I know he is concerned for her too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No! I hope it isn't bad. Are they totally putting her out for it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and we are leaving out of town, but please pass on to M that we will be praying for her...and you! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will definitely be praying for her. I love that girl. -Kate (I can't publish under my google account or open id on here. I can't figure out why.

    ReplyDelete