

This dinner was completely divine! I'm not a recipe girl but I definitely know what appeals to me and my new obsession is roasted vegetables.
side note: I have a roasted sweet potato & yellow onion almost daily (for lunch). I peel & chop the onion into strips and the sweet potato into the shape of fries. I toss both with olive oil, agave nectar, kosher salt, and black pepper. Bake at 450-475 for about 20-30 minutes, depending on your desired texture. I like my veggies soft but with a crunch (this is not impossible). I also put mine under the broiler for about 90 seconds to achieve a good blackened taste/crunch.
For tonight's dinner I: (1) roasted cauliflower & green beans (with olive oil, agave, kosher salt & black pepper. I roasted them separately b/c they take different amounts of time due to their different sizes). (2) toasted slivered almonds in a dry, hot pan. (3) browned a couple tablespoons of butter (thank you, Katie! This is my new guilty pleasure!!). (4) minced two garlic cloves and browned them in olive oil. (5) tossed everything with whole wheat angel hair, sea salt, & black pepper.
For tonight's dinner I: (1) roasted cauliflower & green beans (with olive oil, agave, kosher salt & black pepper. I roasted them separately b/c they take different amounts of time due to their different sizes). (2) toasted slivered almonds in a dry, hot pan. (3) browned a couple tablespoons of butter (thank you, Katie! This is my new guilty pleasure!!). (4) minced two garlic cloves and browned them in olive oil. (5) tossed everything with whole wheat angel hair, sea salt, & black pepper.
De-licious!!!
I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow...do you?
yum. looks good lady! (did that expression remind you of grandpa dan?)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to try this!
ReplyDeleteThat does remind me of Grandpa, Elle! Love that guy!
ReplyDeleteYUM!
ReplyDelete