Tuesday, January 3, 2012

it's the little things

Christmas morning while we were opening presents
Ashton started high-stepping in place.
With the happiest little face you've ever seen she said,
"This isn't even a dream. This is a real day! This is a real day!"
Those words
said by my sweet little five year old
made my Christmas
totally
completely
absolutely
perfect!

I don't know if any words will ever make my knees weaker than
"You're my best friend."
I know Dust loves me.
We've told each other
"I love you"
dozens of times a day since we first declared our love.
I guess maybe because he doesn't say it as frequently
those times when he does
my heart goes pitter pat
my knees weaken
and my mouth breaks into an ear to ear smile.
:)

Kennedy is an amazing little baker.
She especially loves to make cookies
and she is seriously talented!
And she always cleans up after herself. Bonus!
We all know how yummy her goodies are!
I am thrilled when others fully appreciate
her awesome skills in the kitchen!
Yay, KR!

Last night Tana did an amazing thing.
She blow-dried her own hair.
That may not seem like a big deal to you
but that girl has some seriously thick,
super duper wavy hair
making it incredibly difficult to straighten.
I am seriously excited about this new skill!

Tater turns into the time police
in the morning.
If we are not wrapping up
the getting ready process by 7:55
she starts to panic.
"We gotta go"
"We're gonna be late"
"We have to go!"
The past two days she has tried really, really hard
to hold her tongue.
Fortunately for her (and Ashton and me)
we've walked out the door right at 8:00am.
I'll get you to the church
(and school)
on time, Tater.
Don't you worry!

1 comment:

  1. welcome back to the blog-o-shpere. I've been missing you. xoxo. Love these new posts.

    ReplyDelete