I appreciate the advice of friends and family. I suppose others are my self-help books. I much prefer the opinion of someone I know, respect, and admire. Who's to say the random author of a random book has any advice applicable to my current situation, my life, my values, my goals, my hopes for the future?
I truly believe the answers to any of life's difficulties and questions can be found in the gospel of Jesus Christ, specifically The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am amazed how often I find answers in The Book of Mormon, answers I didn't really realize I was seeking. I know that it is more correct than any other book and that a [wo]man will get closer to God by abiding by its precepts than any other book.
I've been cleaning this morning and have realized something about myself...I like empty spaces. I don't believe I'm a minimalist, per se, but I truly appreciate empty spaces and surfaces.
I do not like clutter on my kitchen counter. My appliances, other than my kitchen aid, are in cupboards.
I love clean bathroom counters. I love clean bathroom floors. (Remember there are five heads of hair in this house plus one ever-shedding chocolate lab. Hair, on every surface, is a constant battle!)
Perhaps the most intolerable thing, to me, about the school year is the endless supply of papers, too many of which take up residence on the side of my refrigerator. I hate having "stuff" on my fridge. The front of the fridge is absolutely off limits. The right side is utilized but the second an item is no longer needed, it is junked.
I do not use the waste bin in the half-bath. If I see something in it, I immediately transfer it to another garbage. empty!
I love empty hampers perhaps more than any other empty space because it means all the laundry is done albeit temporarily.
I love living in a clean home. I'm a happier and nicer wife and mom in a clean house. I appreciate others' efforts to contribute to the overall good (of course this is synonymous with cleanliness) of our home.
I didn't intend to step onto a soap box, but that's funny. I was preaching from a soap box about how much I love a good soap box. ha ha.
this is funny...

Peace out...
happy cleaning :)
hahahaha
ReplyDelete