Tuesday, March 6, 2012

ski utah

Last week Dust & I went to Utah for a much-needed getaway.
We haven't had a trip without the girlies in years.
We were ready for a few days of grown-up time!

We flew into Salt Lake City Wednesday night. 
It was snowy, windy, and cold.
We were all smiles.
We knew the snow at the resorts was piling up
making for a great few days on the slopes.
Mom & Dad picked us up at the airport,
we drove downtown 
and ate dinner at Buca di Beppo. 
De-licious! 

Thursday morning we awakened to falling snow
...the weather was definitely cooperating!
The snow was amazing!
Hot chocolate at the top of the mountain mid-morning,
lunch in the Grill Room,
skiing with my man, Mom & Dad
all combined and created a perfect day!



My body is definitely a Florida body now!
I am no longer capable of staying warm without many, many layers.
I wore 2 turtlenecks, 2 vests, 1 coat, 1 pair of leggings, 1 pair of fleece pants,
1 pair of ski pants, a beenie, my hood, goggles and a fleece neck.
Hence my very puffy girth.
I was toasty other than my occasionally cold fingers & toes.

Friday morning we skied without Mom; she was working at the temple.
It was a BEAUTIFUL day!
Again the snow was amazing!!



Friday evening we had a fabulous visit with darling Grandpa Dan & Grandma Glo.
They're just as cute as can be!


Friday night we met Kesley & Madison and Chris & Shannon for dinner at LaJolla Groves.
We had such a fun time
talking
laughing
hanging out!
They're all fabulous and we wish we saw them more often.

We had such an amazing trip!
My parents are the world's greatest hosts!
Seriously the best!!
We hit all my favorite spots:
Cafe Rio, Magleby's Fresh, J Dawgs, The Grill Room.
(Yes, they're all restaurants.)
We skied at Sundance because there truly is not a more beautiful resort.
We went to two movies:
"Gone" and "This Means War".
Of course I ate kettle corn both times.
It's one of my favorite Utah foods and therefore a must!!
I wish our Destin theaters would clue into the genius of kettle corn!
At home we watched "Warrior".
It was Dad's eighth time watching it.
Other than Dust & Mom's hours of stomach bug misery
it was a fantastic weekend!

I can't wait to do it again!!

2 comments:

  1. looks like it was an amazing trip! Glad you guys had a great time. Your parents really are the worlds greatest hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! You really did time it perfectly with the snow. Please tell me we can see you next time you come! :)

    ReplyDelete