Tatum spent a good portion of her time in tears/sobbing. Her only friend in her class transferred out today and into the class where all her friends are. That's devastating when you're 10. Let's be honest, that's devastating at any age. I cried too, not knowing how to help my baby girl.
Ashton was beyond crazy! She had endless energy, excitement, and enthusiasm for life. She wore us all out after 10 minutes. She was working on all sorts of "science experiments" in the kitchen. Ice in baggies, hammering it with the meat pounder. A bowl full of water, ice, cream sauce for bread pudding, and pepper. She was curious about its ability to freeze. She ran laps around the house. I was hoping she'd run off a bit off steam. No such luck. She was sitting to my left at dinner and poked my left boob and said, "You have really big boobs!" (This is such a hilarious statement!! I have the chest of a child yet that girl admires my boobs on a regular basis. I'm sure she's secretly longing for a big chest when she grows up. She's the complete opposite of me; I never wanted boobs. I still don't.) The girls and I all died laughing and I said, "Actually I don't. It's my bra that's big." At which point Kennedy said, "Doesn't Victoria's Secret have bras that fit you?" haha!
Kennedy and Montana were happy yet feisty, busy doing homework, helping make dinner, and throwing a few punches behind my back. Kennedy was involved on a bit of girl-on-girl action/pushing/clawing/scratching with Tatum. grrr!
The amount of fighting in this house has skyrocketed recently. I am losing my mind. I always think of Reese Witherspoon's line from Sweet Home Alabama, "Why do you make me be mean to you?" Seriously??? I'm a nice person! But fighting in my house, between my girls, turns me into a bear. I can't handle it!
I don't remember the last time I wanted to send my girls to bed as badly as I did tonight. It was all I could do to be loving. Dust was out in the hot, humid air mowing, edging, weed eating, and blowing the yard. I wouldn't say I was jealous of him but I was definitely envious of his oblivion to the chaos within the house.
I love these housemates more than words can express
but occasionally I turn into a crazy person.
Sometimes counting to 10 just isn't enough.
Despite the craziness I love these chitlins'.
I think I'll keep 'em!




Ah. So many cute pictures. I swear Dustin has the face of an angel. . . or the eyes of Santa. . . or something. I love Kenne in her swim cap, and Tana in that Halloween outfit, Tatum with her guitar, and Ashton's face in that last picture. I don't think there was ever a more beautiful family!
ReplyDelete