Thursday, August 16, 2012

grandpa. grandma.

When you're a kid there are few things as fabulous as grandparents. For one thing they're more fun than parents. They're positive and complimentary all the time. They're full of fantastic stories. And it's pretty much impossible to make them mad. My girls love their grandparents!!

Tana, Kenne, and Tater did the ropes course at Provo Beach with my dad. Tana and Kenne loved it! Some of those ropes are high...seriously high...and they ran across those suckers like they were running on the sidewalk. Dad was a bit slower but he did pretty well for a 6'4" guy. Tater was not a fan of the ropes--at all! She was nervous. Ashton was nearby bowling with my mom. (But I didn't get a picture of them. frowny face!)





We had to grab a picture while we were at Chick-Fil-A supporting traditional marriage. It was a good opportunity for me to teach my girls the importance of standing up for what we believe in. (In this case marriage as defined by God, between one man and one woman.)

The girls were phenomenal helpers in Grandma's kitchen!! Mom was very impressed by their willingness to help and by their cooking abilities. I was thrilled to see them working side-by-side with my Mom. She's a fabulous cook! Anything they learn from her will help their cooking abilities immensely and then I can enjoy their offerings. It's pretty much a win-win!

This is after a Sunday dinner with great-Grandpa Andersen and Grandma Glo. Cute Grandpa performed the sealing for Dustin and I when we were married in the Salt Lake Temple 16 years ago. He's a treasure!

Dad denies that he's narcoleptic. If he's not he falls asleep more easily than anyone I've ever known! This was during the Olympics. He was trying his hardest to stay awake. He moved from the couch (where he was sound asleep) to this chair (where he immediately fell asleep) but he just couldn't hang on. I love this picture. He looks like a little boy.

My girls are lucky enough to have three amazing sets of grandparents and I couldn't be more thankful. They're all incredible!

(I have GOT to start using my camera. My iPhone just doesn't take crystal clear shots the way I'd like it to. Darn it! It's so much easier to just snap pictures with my phone.)

No comments:

Post a Comment