Thursday, August 30, 2012

holes

Kennedy's 12th birthday is Saturday!
She's going with our youth to the Birmingham temple all day Saturday; they're going to The Cheesecake Factory too! We have friends coming into town tomorrow to play for Labor Day weekend.
That left today as the perfect day to get Kenne's ears pierced. (the girls in our family have to be 12 to get their ears pierced. I think it's good for them to have a few things to look forward to and hope for as they grow up.)
This afternoon Ashton, Tatum and I picked Kennedy up at school and headed to the Commons. (Tana is babysitting.) Without saying a word to Kennedy about our intended destination we pulled up in front of Claire's. She was about to be surprised!

Here she is pre-piercing. Her tummy was full of butterflies. You can see a touch of anxiety/nerves in her eyes.

Ear #1

Ear #2

Kenne has always been a beautiful girl (inside and out); she always will be!! And now she has fancy ears to enhance her God-given beauty.


She says her ears are a little hot but I don't think she cares. She's all smiles.

Kennedy, you melt my heart!!
I sure love you, girlie!!!

1 comment:

  1. Go Kenne! I love the earrings! You're a braver girl than I. I was 16 when my friend, Sarah, finally made me get mine by giving me a Claire's gift certificate for my birthday and taking me to the mall herself.

    ReplyDelete