Friday, September 7, 2012

exposed

I get Florida Offender Alert emails about once a week. These emails give you the updated information of local pedophiles, including their name, age, gender, address, picture, etc. I got one two days ago for a guy living in the Racket Club Townhouses right behind our neighborhood.
Today Kenne and I drove back there to see where #12 was located (that's the creep's address). As misfortune would have it it's right behind us, just slightly north--ever so slightly north.
This creepoid has a perfect view into our upstairs hallway. The window's so high up, long, and narrow that it's never had any type of window treatment on it. I've never felt like I've needed one until now.
This guy's deck and upstairs literally look into our kitchen windows, upstairs hall, the girls' bathroom (if they leave the door open), and our back room.
I feel like a fish in a fish bowl. I'm not worried about myself but I'm sick with worry about my four girls. I want to kick this guy's booty right out of our county!
I talked to my three older girls about him. I showed them his picture. They need to be aware of their behavior to keep themselves and each other safe. Tana and Kenne are a bit unsettled. Tatum is a complete basket case.
I want to move. I want to pack up my house tonight and get out of Dodge!!!
I don't know if this guy is renting or if he bought the townhouse and is here permanently. If he's here more than a couple months I want to get as far away from his place as possible!
The sad thing is that no neighborhood is safe. It doesn't matter your socioeconomic bracket. The dang offenders can move anywhere.
I think they should rot in prison f.o.r.e.v.e.r. And then be tormented by "weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth" for eternity.
Even though I'm not Cooper's #1 fan I'm now thrilled we have a dog...a big, threatening looking/sounding dog. I'm more thankful than I've ever been for my pepper spray and Dust's hunting rifles.
I now sympathize (more than ever) with the Nephite mothers who tried to protect their families from the "bloodthirsty and ferocious" Lamanites. I feel like a mother hen trying to keep my chicks safe underneath my wings. If anything threatens my babies I will attack.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess,
    To put your mind at rest, it sometimes happens that an 18 year old has sex with a 15 year old and is labeled a sex-offender for life. I would put curtains up and live the rest of your time in that neighborhood in peace and happiness.
    Love ya,
    Delona

    ReplyDelete