Life with four girlies is busy. Very, very busy.
With two in middle school and two in elementary school there is homework every day. All four girls now have homework every day. Typically it's: Math. Spelling. Vocabulary. Reading. Civics/Social Studies. Science.
Two are in soccer. Two are in cross country. Two are in gymnastics.
Two have Young Women every week.
One has Activity Days every other week.
Two are on the yearbook staff. One is co-editor.
One has K-Kids every week.
One has Interact Club every week.
Two need to attend tutoring twice a week for Algebra I Honors.
Two typically babysit on the weekends.
All four want as much time with friends as possible.
Two are working to pass off goals for Personal Progress.
One is working on Faith in God.
Three read their scriptures each night before bed. This follows our family scripture study.
There are personal prayers, family prayers, and blessings on the food.
Hubby works five days a week and at least one afternoon block each weekend.
I just registered for a European Family History class. My daytime hours are about to involve blocks of time reading textbooks and sitting at the computer working on homework.
Next month I'll begin watching a friend's newborn Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9am-2pm.
I cook and clean. I wash and brush. I shop and put away. I organize and execute. I cheer and support. I encourage and enforce. I chaperone and chauffeur.
I expect the absolute best from myself and each of my family members. The world has enough slackers. This household will not produce any more!
Elder Benjamin Hoyos said, "Life is good, if we live in such a way to make it so . . . a good life comes as a result of the way we do things, of the words we choose to say, and even of the kind of thoughts we choose to have."
Amos 4:14, "Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live; and so the Lord, the God of hosts, shall be with you."
I am thankful for The Good Life that I am living.
This cute sign is now hanging upstairs by the girls' bathroom and bedrooms. It's a constant reminder to them that this life we are living (with a mom & dad and children) is truly the best kind of life there is!
Life with my four little lovelies and handsome hubby is just icing on my "good life" slice of cake!!
So the next time you ask what I'm up to and I say "nothing" you should (A) know that it's a cover-up for lots and lots of super cool stuff or (B) offer to help knowing that it's a lie and I could really use a helping hand.





You make me feel like such a slacker! I can't believe how much you get done in a week (and have time for reading Les Mis or watching Harry Potter in the middle of the day!) I love you and think you're the most amazing mom in the world. I'll always be trying to be just like my big sister.
ReplyDeleteIt has been fun catching up on your posts! It is fun to see all the little things in life that can make all the difference.
ReplyDelete