I have lived far, far away from my family for nearly 14 years. I will forever be thankful for modern conveniences such as telephones, computers, airplanes, and skype/ichat/facetime that allow me to easily stay in touch with and see my family.
This week, though, I have wanted so badly to be in California with my baby sister. On Monday we got the exciting news that she was expecting a baby. On Friday news came that she was miscarrying.
I felt so helpless. I wanted to hug her and tell her everything would be okay. I wanted to tuck her into bed and quietly care for her sweet one year old, Ellie. I wanted to provide her the comfort I know she needed just to feel a bit better.
But I am in Florida and she is in California.
Tatum asked me yesterday, "Mom, would you rather have a miscarriage or would you rather your sister have a miscarriage?" I immediately knew my answer and I said, "I'd rather have a miscarriage than have my sister(s) have a miscarriage."
I am so thankful for a loving Father in Heaven who hears and answers prayers. I am so thankful that Elle has felt our faith and prayers in her behalf. I am so thankful that she is remaining happy and faithful true to form. Elle is an amazing girl!!
If you'd like to read about her experience from her point of view click here.
I love you, baby sis! You're fabulous in every way!



My tears have totally been in check... until now. :) That part about Tatum and her sweet question, and your sweet answer. I can't tell you how much I have literally felt the love from you guys. I've told people that none of my sisters have miscarried, and the combination of you guys not knowing what it's like, and me being the baby, I have definitely felt your sympathy. Thank you. I love you so much. There are several significant times in my life where you have been there in a voicemail- and although I would prefer to see you in person and feel your arms around me, that voicemail has been everything I needed. I love you. Thanks for your love. xoxo- Elle
ReplyDeleteI have the best sisters in the world! Beautiful post, Jess! I agree 100%.
ReplyDelete