This week for Family Home Evening I had everyone write a list of words they hope others would use to describe them. It was a fun and insightful way to see what is important to each of my family members.
These are the lists:
Dustin: The Bomb, amazing, trustworthy, honest, brave, friendly, strong, dedicated, family man, Mormon
Montana: friendly, pretty, honest, good attitude, smart, funny, good leader, unique, crafty, fashionable, clean
Kennedy: smart, beautiful, funny, nice, friendly, helpful, loving, one-of-a-kind, kind, honest, trustworthy, organized, brave, righteous, reverent
Tatum: awesome, fabulous, adorable, honest, loving, funny, Mormon, dog lover/animal lover, reverent
Ashton: beautiful, nice, friendly, kind, loving, funny, reverent, helpful, righteous, graceful
There are a few in there that made me laugh: Dustin's "The Bomb" (Dust can hope for that but we all know I've been a Baum my whole life so it's just natural for me! haha), Montana's "crafty" (heaven knows she doesn't get that from her mother!), Kennedy's "organized" (that girl is the most organized person I know.), Tatum's "animal lover" (she loves animals. I have made it very clear that I will not accept pets in lieu of grandkids. No granddogs. No grandcats. I want grandchildren!), Ashton's "graceful" (she has been very interested in being graceful lately. She'll ask, "Was that graceful, Mom?" hahaha!)
We talked about the importance of being a good friend. We also talked about how crucial it is to choose good friends, friends that will help us, even encourage us, to choose the right.
I shared with them one of my favorite quotes. It is by Maya Angelou. "People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel."
These are the words I would use to describe each of my family members:
Dustin: loyal, devoted, hilarious, loving, faithful, determined, honest, patient, supportive
Montana: tender, encouraging, trustworthy, close to the Spirit, reliable, beautiful, self-assured, kind
Kennedy: hard-working, resolute, obedient, cheerful, pretty, committed, true, attentive
Tatum: passionate, observant, darling, funny, trusting, hopeful, aware, thoughful, tender-hearted
Ashton: smart, sweet, assertive, cute, daring, brave, easy-going, affectionate
I didn't make a list; I was Ashton's scribe. But these are the words I hope others use to describe me:
she's hopelessly devoted to her husband and loves him with her whole heart and soul,
she's a fabulous mother--her daughters adore her and she treasures each one of them,
she's healthy--she loves exercise and good food,
she's determined to live her life in the service of Jesus Christ,
she strives to teach her family to be good and kind,
she knows her Savior lives and loves her,
she's obedient and knows her family will be together forever,
she'll always be thankful for her parents and siblings--she loves the friendships they all share,
and (of course) lady-like/pretty/foxy/or some form of good-looking. We all want that, right?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment