I just finished baking 100 chocolate chip cookies for our tri-Stake Youth Hoedown/Fall Festival tomorrow night.
Just for the record, I make awesome chocolate chip cookies! I'm not an uber-talented cook but I make a mean cookie. If I do say so myself.
I am relishing my time "alone" in this quiet, calm house. I want to do far more than I have time for. I really want to watch "Pride and Prejudice" but am quite confident I'd be asleep within 30 minutes. I could vacuum, scour bathrooms, or scrub baseboards but that's not as tempting as it usually is for me this time of night.
I want to "lay low like broccoli".
Tatum and Ashton had their final soccer games of the season tonight. They both played at 5:45. Miraculously I was able to see them both score; of course their fields are on complete opposite sides of the sports complex. Yee Haw!!! I was so excited for them! This was Ashton's first goal of the season. (She'd rather do handstands and cartwheels than chase down a soccer ball.) Ron & D'Ann saw both goals as well. Bonus!
Ashton had her team party at Fat Daddy's (pizzeria & arcade). Dust and I ate pizza and chatted with friends. The girls scarfed down their pizza so they could get to playin' games and winnin' all sorts of arcade crap, I mean prizes.
As Thanksgiving approaches I'm remembering the darling song the girls all sang in their Thanksgiving programs at Jacob's Ladder Preschool. "Thank you, Lord, for families. For everything you've given me. Puppy dogs and ice cream. I'm glad it's Thanksgiving. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." It's such a cute song and totally made cuter by the three and four year old voices singing along.
Tater didn't actually sing along when she was three. She looked more like this:
Poor baby! She did not want to be on that stage!
She was much more into it as a four year old:
Ahhhh, it's Movember so Dust is well on his way to looking like this:
I think it's great to support men's health and all, and get the word out about prostate cancer. But seriously, mustaches are a good look on like .05% of men.
So if you see my hubby around town just know that this hideous 'stache is to show his support of a really good cause and he actually is not a pedophile.
If, however, he decides to sport some transition lenses, I too will begin questioning his intentions with my own and others' children. And I will be singing, "Hide yo kids!"





No comments:
Post a Comment