I read "Heaven is Here", looked at facebook and instagram, and reread a few of the amendments I'd soon be voting yes/no for.
I was elated at 7, on the dot, when the church doors opened and we were welcomed inside. I was frozen! I excitedly took my ballot and filled in my bubbles like a good girl. I've never been happier to vote for a president/vice president team. I have such faith in my selection. I pray they are victorious! And I pray this election is decided tonight; I can't bear the thought of waiting for days before we know who won.
I am thankful I can vote. I am thankful I live in America and that I'm a US citizen. I am thankful I am able to fulfill my civic responsibilities. I am thankful that I am informed and aware of the issues that are important to me, my family, and our country. I am thankful others have paved the way for my vote. I am thankful to live in a God-fearing country. I am thankful for the opportunity to teach our daughters the importance of standing up for what we know is right, i.e., voting pro-life and defining marriage as between one man and one woman.
My heart is full as I think of the countless blessings I enjoy. I am indebted to my loving Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. I have a fabulous husband whom I cherish. He is a hard worker and provides well for our family. I have four beautiful daughters who are good, honest, happy people. I have wonderful parents, as does Dust. We have the world's best siblings/spouses, nieces, nephews, and grandparents. We have healthy food readily available at all times; clean water is abundant. We have policemen and firemen who risk their lives to insure the safety of others. We are fortunate to have amazing schools and teachers; our girls are receiving a fabulous education. Our testimonies are strong; our faith is growing. We are blessed by the testimonies and faith of others. I have a healthy body, as do each of my family members. I feel overwhelmed as I think of all the Lord has blessed me with.
Ashton walked in the door yesterday and proclaimed, "I'm voting for Mitt because his favorite food is granola and he likes horses. My favorite food is granola too." Well there you have it, folks. The decision is easy! At least when you're six and all that matters is good food and a love of horses.









+013.jpg)
+252.jpg)









No comments:
Post a Comment