I'm a proud mama. I love my girls and love watching them accomplish hard things.
I am in love with Phillipians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." It's the perfect scripture for anyone needing just a bit of encouragement or faith in herself/himself. That's all of us, right?!?
Tana and Kenne had their swim banquet a couple weeks ago. They had a great 2013 swim season, they did really well at the county finals, and they were recognized for their hard work and efforts in the pool. Tana was co-captain of the girls team and was given the Coaches Award--yay, Tana! (That's their cousin, Carson, in the picture with them.)
Tatum's handstand is getting better. She wants me to count aloud for her every single time she does one, no matter where we are.
Her face lights up with each new PR.
It's pretty cute!
Sometimes just a walk to the beach (when you're feeling absolutely terrible) is a big accomplishment.
Ashton survived the worst stomach bug I've ever seen.
It was a long, miserable week but she never stopped smiling.
She's a trooper!
Ashton survived the worst stomach bug I've ever seen.
It was a long, miserable week but she never stopped smiling.
She's a trooper!
And then there's the really exciting stuff. The things that you work on both physically and mentally. Things that take practice, a lot of practice. Things like this...
Tana's got hers too. She just has to remember Phillipians 4:13 and have a little more confidence. She's gotta grab that bull by the horns.
It's amazing the joy that comes to a mother as her children grow, develop, achieve milestones, and move on to the next seemingly insurmountable task. It's awesome!
For as long as I can remember I've wanted to be a mom. It's fabulous to realize my lifelong dream. I love what I do as a wife and mother. It can be tiring, but it's oh so rewarding. Most days leave me looking like this...
but it's totally worth it when the payoff looks like this...
I love my job!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment