Tuesday, July 8, 2014

a year later...

It's been over a year since my last post. Honestly the only reason I am even picking it up again is because I am currently searching for photos of Ashton to make her baptism video and my old posts are a gold mine! I can't deny that this is a great way for me to journal the goings-on of my family. If I stop, I'll likely have no memories or documentation of these great years and that would be horrible! 

Here is a super quick and concise update.
In the past year we...
bought a home
finished 9th grade (Tana), 8th grade (Kenne), 6th grade (Tater), and 2nd grade (Bug)
added a permitted driver (Montana) Yikes!
attended countless games to cheer on our cheerleaders (Tana & Kenne)
had five students (the girls plus yours truly)
went to St. George for spring break, stayed with Nana & Papa, played with the Richards & Whatcotts
got a new job. Hello, Southwire! Dust couldn't be happier. 
lost teeth
put braces on Kennedy's teeth
tried out for cheer for the 2014-15 school year and now have three cheerleaders
took a lot of tumbling classes
got up at the crack of dawn for many cheer classes
enjoyed Grandma's yummy cooking
played constantly with nearby cousins (and loved it!)
loved UT elementary school recesses
walked to elementary school (I loved this! Tatum & Ashton, not so much)
enjoyed being pet-free (that was only me)
missed our beautiful Destin beaches and fabulous Destin friends (and food)
lived at Grandma & Grandpa's house and enjoyed being bill-free ;)
scraped snow & ice-covered windshields and longed for garage parking
drove the girls here, there, and everywhere
took a class on campus for the first time since 1998 & realized how much I love online classes
went to girls camp with Mom, Tana & Kenne at Camp Shalom and had a ball
ran in rain, snow, sleet, wind, frigid morning temperatures, and boiling hot morning temperatures
have LOVED the employee discount at Gap!
studied, read, solved equations, read some more, and did a lot of homework
attended the temple (Kenne was the best--usually going with friends before school)
played with friends around the clock
once again became a no-sleepover family. Man those things make grumpy kids!
ate at a lot of favorite restaurants and discovered some new favorites
had a lot of fun living with one set of grandparents and living in walking distance of the others
said goodbye to our beloved Grandpa Dan
loved having out-of-town family visitors
got in the hot-tub constantly (this was Dust's favorite activity)
watched Dust & Kenne load up to hit the slopes at Sundance...a lot! 
got a Costco membership. Wahoo!
ran the Edgemont Elementary 5k FunRun (Ashton & mom)
Tana & Kenne went to EFY
Tana spent a week at Lake Powell with her besties and were spoiled rotten by the Feldsteds
Tatum got an iPhone and we never saw her again (j/k)
Kennedy was told over and over and over to get off her phone
turned into a family of nappers--our teenagers sleep if they have five minutes of free time
realized more than ever that LOVE is the answer to almost any question. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.













1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad you're blogging again!!! I'm like you, if I don't document the here and now, I'll never remember the then. And I love reading your blogs; they're always so funny and witty. And I always learn new things about you. For instance: You bought a house?! You got a job?! Can you give your friends discounts? ;) I can't believe Montana is driving! And Tatum has an iPhone! Yikes! You're girls are growing up so stinkin fast! Hooray to have 3 cheerleaders. That's gonna be so fun when the school year starts back up again. We need to get together so we can chat for reals and I don't leave a crazy long message on your blog!

    ReplyDelete