Friday, November 18, 2011

la cocina

La Cocina means "the kitchen". I have to say one of the best things about date night is getting OUT of the kitchen. I love having a delicious meal placed in front of me--no prep, no clean up, no complaining. Perfect! We had a great date/dinner tonight: chips & salsa, fish tacos, fun friends.
We've known Gabe & Carrie for 10-11 years. They're awesome!



Gabe is a superstar. He just conquered non hodgkin's lymphoma. He's totally cancer free. Yay, Gabe! Carrie's an over-achieving, reach for the stars mom, and best of all, she's not afraid to mince words--which I love. Our conversations go around and around and always include the basics: our kids (both the highs and the lows), the junky side of motherhood (endless cleaning up after completely messy and oblivious kiddos), the ins and outs of church callings, work, food, running, and our favorite tv shows. Our absolute new favorite...."New Girl". Watch it. You won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment