Sunday, April 29, 2012

happily ever after

The fabulous thing about life is that even the darkest hours can be followed by the most exquisite, all-encompassing light.

I spent Friday at the bay watching Tana and the other 7th graders in the annual DMS cardboard boat race. Only four supplies are allowed in the construction of the boats and paddles: cardboard, tape, glue, and paint. Tana and her two crew mates (Faith Ford & Kristin Allen) built their boat 100% on their own. They came up with their design, built it, painted it, decorated it, everything. As I arrived at the park it was clear that not every team was so determined; it was obvious many parents (fathers especially) had been very actively involved in their child's boat & paddle construction. I was so proud of our girls! They did an awesome job! Their boat didn't sink. The girls made it to the rope and therefore made an A on their project. AND they have the satisfaction of knowing their success was completely their own.
It was so fun! The kids cheered each other on and enjoyed the sunny day spent at the bay racing, cheering, competing, eating, and chillin' with friends.


Yesterday Dust, Tana, and I backed out of the driveway at 8am and headed north. We were temple-bound. This was the first time just the three of us have gone on a trip to the temple. It was fabulous! Dust was our driver. I seat hopped, switching from shotgun to backseat and to shotgun again. Tana became an official Baum girl yesterday; she watched "Mean Girls" for the first time. Of course she loved it! 

While we were driving we received a text. Kenne was in the paper...


Ron and D'Ann kept the three little girls. They shopped at Old Navy, of course Nana spoiled them. They swam, hit the beach, walked to KFC for lunch, went to "Chimpanzee", ate dinner at Chick-Fil-A, and cozied up to watch TV before settling into bed.

I love our quick temple trips. We don't stay long, typically just two hours. But the Spirit and love I feel while there strengthens me more than anything else I do. I am filled with my Heavenly Father's love for me. I long for the day I'll meet my Savior face to face. Yesterday while in the temple the prayer in my heart was that Tana would feel the Spirit confirming to her the truthfulness of the work she was doing. That her love of the temple would grow, just as mine does every time I visit The House of the Lord. 





2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute!!! Love your temple pics! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very awesome. I love the temple pictures. What a nice trip to do together. Tana is such a great girl! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete