Today as I was putting on my mascara I wondered how many times in my life I've put on mascara.
I love my Rainbow flip flops. They are probably my most comfortable pair of shoes. I'm so glad my cute mom had my cute dad buy them for me!
Whenever Sugarland, REM, or James Taylor come on the radio/Pandora I literally cannot change the station fast enough.
I prefer grocery shopping between 6-7am.
I am a loner and I'm okay with that; I love being alone.
Yesterday Montana told me that one of her friends "has smoked weed six times." Several things about that statement were alarming to me. First is the fact that Tana said weed instead of pot or marijuana. I wonder if she knows what weed is?? I'm pretty sure I didn't know the word weed in 7th grade. Second, that this friend (who we've known since 3yr preschool) would have access to weed six times as a 7th grader. What?!?! Third, that even if she hasn't actually smoked it six times the fact that she thinks it's cool to say she has is shocking.
I know there is a big, scary world filled with drugs, alcohol, STDs and all other kinds of junk but as I have led a significantly sheltered life (both by my parents' doing and my own) I wouldn't have the first clue about where to find drugs, the audacity to do it as a 13 year old, and the nutball idea to smoke in the first place. Granted I'm a Mormon/Latter-Day Saint and drugs are strictly forbidden by our Word of Wisdom. I've never touched drugs, alcohol, coffee, tee, tobacco, etc. I've never had a desire. I've seen lives severely complicated and ruined by drug and alcohol abuse. There is absolutely nothing enticing about any of it! I hope and pray that my girls will have no desire to partake of any of it either. I'm so happy Tana realized what a ridiculous thing it is that anyone would smoke weed in 7th grade, or ever. Sheesh!
I wish I could have a Cafe Rio salad for dinner tonight. I wish I could eat it surrounded by all my out-of-state family.
I wish all my out-of-state family would move to Destin, or at least to Florida. It's a fabulous place to live!! Come one! Come all!
I hope Mitt Romney is our next president.
I am ready for summer 2012. I am ready for soccer & track to come to an end. I am ready for this school year to be over, both for the girls' sakes and my own. I cannot wait for the London Olympics!!! The summer olympics are by far my favorite. FYI: I will be logging some serious time in front of my TV.
Next year will be Tana's last year in middle school...then she's off to high school. Aaaahhhhhh!!!!!
This post was random, and I loved it! Grocery shopping at 6 am? Who does that? I remember when dad bought you your rainbows! I wish all us out-of-staters lived in Florida too! You have the beach, cheaper housing (than California), and no income tax! Tana, in high school... What?!
ReplyDelete