Monday, May 21, 2012

baby bug

Ashton is a riot! Anyone that knows her knows what a fabulous caboose she is. She has spunk that none of our other girls possess. She is easy-going, fun, funny, and the perfect baby of the family.
She has, however, thrown a few curve balls our way. She is the only one of our girls to ever have to change their face/color at school. In VPK she came home with a red fish for strangling a boy in her class. I was so busy fighting back laughter to know how to handle the situation. Apparently he had tried to take away her paper. Her paper!!! Our only consolation was knowing she wasn't afraid to stand up for herself. haha!

Friday she came home with these two notes, one entirely different than the other.



On the one from her kindergarten teacher she is recognized for following rules. On the one from the PE coach she is in trouble for not following directions. Hmmm!
When I asked her what she did she said she broke a running stick. (A running stick is a painted popsicle stick that keeps track of how many laps they run on track day.) She said, "But Mom, they have tons of those sticks." I have to sympathize with the girl just a little bit. Come on...it's a popsicle stick. The "not being respectful of PE equipment" line seems a bit far-fetched when you know what the "equipment" actually was.
Don't get me wrong, she's in trouble. We talked about the situtaion and the fact that we must always be respectful of other's property. I don't imagine she'll have this problem again. It's not like we've had to deal with the strangling thing again. Thank heaven!

Just look at that face. She's so dang cute!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! She IS so cute! I'm afraid that I would probably let her get away with anything she wanted :) Love the story.

    ReplyDelete