Today has been a pretty typical Rogers' summer day. If you're interested in what goes down, read on.
I was awakened by a screaming bladder. Upon realizing sleep was no longer possible I dressed and went to the gym. I busted my booty for an hour on the treadmill enjoying my latest love, interval training. I followed that with 15 minutes on the elliptical; I only go backwards as to boost my posterior as gravity is constantly pulling it in the downward position. My favorite post-workout activity followed...stretching. awwww!
I returned home to find the girls watching tv, reading, and chillin'. Dust was working away at the office. We hurriedly picked up, showered, dressed, and headed out the door for the free Monday movie at the Rave, "Dolphin Tale." As the movie is at 10am and I don't want the girls eating candy or popcorn at that hour we stopped at Walmart so as to purchase a mega bag of sugar cereal--my movie treat of choice for the girls. It's cheap, sweet, and enjoyable (to them. It smells quite like throw-up if you ask me).
Following the show Tater and Bug went home with the Reeves to play with Caroline and Sammy. Montana, her friend Alyssa, Kennedy and I stayed at the Commons for a bit. Kenne and I dined at Zoe's enjoying our favorite--the hummus and salad plate with whole wheat pita, while Tana and Alyssa chose to partake of Tropical Smoothie's offerings. We peeked at a few shoe stores' selections, Kenne is dying for a pair of light blue Sperrys, and returned home.
The girls were able to enjoy the afternoon, free of tormenting little sisters, while I forced myself to look at my dreaded computer and textbooks for my last assignment. I may as well be gutting a pig; I loathe schoolwork in the summertime! Mid-assignment my eyes grew heavy and I dozed for nearly an hour.
I awakened fully refreshed and departed for the Destin City Library with Tana and Kenne to return our mountainous stack of books and DVDs. Once the girls selected new and exciting summer literature we headed east to reclaim our family's youngest. As it is Destin, and summer, and it was late afternoon (the Burmuda Triangle), Hwy 98 was a parking lot. It took longer than necessary but we once again were together, the Rogers girls.
Since the produce level in our home had dropped well-below a desirable level we stopped at Publix to purchase some much-needed fodder for dinner: raspberries, blueberries, cherries, bananas, cucumbers, mini peppers (red, orange, and yellow), hummus, and wheat thins. This was our dinner and it was truly scrumptious.
I once again posititoned myself at my computer, lesson 15 be gone!, and knocked out the remaining lesson requirements prior to Midterm #2. The girls and I read Mosiah 28 (without Dad, he was still plugging away at the office), had family prayer, and tucked tuckered out number four into bed. Numbers one, two, and three enjoyed 45 minutes of reading, welcomed Dust home with hugs and kisses, then spent a few minutes on the couch with Dad before ascending to bed.
The house is quiet, delightfully so. My lesson is complete, hallelujah! I will study for a day or two, take my exam, write my last paper, finish my remaining journal entry requirements, request and take my final exam (for this class. Not total. Eight classes to go.) I must do this all before July 11th; I go to Youth Conference at Troy University July 12-14 and leave for Utah July 16. Yee haw!!!
I will now cuddle my hubby for an hour or so. He's an exhausted fellow tonight. He has been to Andalusia, AL & back and worked his little heart out in his efforts to support his five crazy girls. He needs some TLC followed by some REM (sleep, not the band=blech!!).
I will wash my face, floss, brush, swish my mouthwash, read my scriptures, say my prayer, and fall asleep to "Friends" on Nick @ Nite. Just as I do every night of the week.
What a busy family! It takes me back to raising all of you kids and our busy summer days. We would clean the house and then head out to Riverside CC for swimming, golf, and tennis lessons and then hang out at the pool for a couple more hours. I always tried to stay away from home because it was easier to keep it clean that way.
ReplyDeleteMiss you all!! See you soon!
-Mom