Thursday, June 14, 2012

the good life

It's interesting how children inherit such a variety of traits and characteristics from their parents while others go larger uninherited. Dust and I are both fiercely competitive. We both found sports (me track, Dust golf) a fabulous outlet for our competitive natures and attained success therein.
Tana and Kenne are fabulous runners but they are pretty uncompetitive at this stage of life. It's agonizing at times (for Dust and me) as they are more than happy to oblige the runners moving past them in a race. They're all manners and grace. Their skills are there...it's the edge we're looking for.
At their track banquet last month their coaches' comments about them were hilarious! Everyone was dying laughing as Coach Stevens, on the left,
described Kennedy as an incredibly polite runner. He said, "We need to get her to run like her mom. Her mom's an angry runner. Kennedy needs to be an angry runner! She's got the skills, she needs the fire." He also talked about how sweet Kenne is on the track and in school. Of course we all know this!
Coach Stevens talked about Montana's complete hesitance in joining this year's team (due to her broken arm). She missed tryouts and was so concerned about taking someone's spot. He repeatedly asked her if she wanted to run. She'd always reply, "Yes but since I couldn't try out I don't want to take a spot from someone who earned it." He said he finally had to get forceful with her and say, "Montana! Do you want to be on the team??" She gave a quiet "yes" and she was given a spot on the team. Coach said she should be called California Rogers, not Montana, because of her blond hair and blue eyes.

Cute Kennedy was nominated by all her fellow sixth graders as the Marvelous Marlin. They chose one sixth grade girl and one sixth grade boy. Kenne and her cousin, and best buddy, Carson were the two selected. We're so proud! The certificate lists the traits for which they were nominated. Yay, Kenne!

Last week Tana, Kenne and I went to Girls Camp. We had a fabulous time! Our theme this year was "The Good Life". We focused on all things that encompass the good life: marriage, family, righteous living, serving the Lord and others, remembering our individual worth and divine nature, cherishing home and family life, temple worthiness and attendance, being good homemakers, etc. I love being at camp with my girls!!

Our cute Sandestin girls--l to r: Kennedy, Natalie Forester, Riley Holahan, Montana, and Lauren Forester.

How thankful I am to be living the good life!
I cherish my family and I am relishing every minute of summer 2012!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment