It's a crazy phenomenon...childhood blossoming into adolescence. It's exciting! It's fun! It's slightly terrifying as well (both for the child and the parents).
I am in heaven in this stage of life. The crazy busyness of life when I had three teeny tiny ones is long gone. The girls are uber-easy. The big three do almost everything for themselves. I'm rarely needed in all the necessities that early childhood requires: bathing, dressing, feeding, etc. I'm typically not needed for Ashton either as her big sisters are largely responsible for her, entirely of their own free will and choice. They're so helpful it makes me smile (and wonder how on earth I got so lucky? Heaven knows I wasn't as cheerfully helpful as they are when I was their age.)
I still have the beloved positions of cook, maid, chauffeur, therapist, confidante, and referee. I'm sure I'll be utilized in those capacities somewhat indefinitely. And I'm okay with that. I love it actually!
Post-school questioning (grilling by yours truly for minute details) turned up the following information:
The best part of Bug's day, "Coming home and being with you." aww!! The best part of her day at school, "Getting dropped off by you." awwww! The worst part of her day, "The BUS!"
The best part of Tater's day was Mrs. Huggins, her Science and Social Studies teacher. Mrs. Huggins is "pretty, nice, and crazy." Tater had Mrs. Huggins in 3rd grade and loved her then too! The worst part of her day...the bus!
The best part of Kenne's day was finding out who is in her classes. She has friends in all six periods, to which Tater replied, "Oh, lucky!" The best part of her school day was in Math. They did "a birthday equation thing." Kenne LOVES Math! The worst part of her day was how slowly the teachers moved. "They always talk sooo slow!"
The best part of Tana's day was sitting in Mrs. Fisher's class (Language Arts). Why? "Because she's insane, and funny, and crazy." The worst part of her day (I knew this answer before I asked) "Sitting in Mr. McDaniel's class." Mr. McDaniel is Tana's U.S. History teacher as well as her AA/home room. She had him for Civics last year. She's not quite sure about Mr. McDaniel...aka she thinks he's "annoying." I'm trying to curb her judgmental 13 year old sass.
Here's to a fabulous school year!!!


Those are without a doubt the most beautiful, stylish girls to ever rock a school issue t-shirt. Their outfits couldn't be cuter. Halle was in love with Tatum's outfit when she saw it on Instagram and it's even cuter on her. And I love how Ashton is working the camera on that first picture and LOVE her outfit. Hal was so excited that she has her same leggings. Love you all, girls! And, Jess, thanks for the first day synopsis. I loved it.
ReplyDelete