Dustin was born in Fort Walton Beach, FL on November 27, 1973 to Carolyn Ruth Fisher Rogers and Joseph Ronald Rogers. He is the second of five children.
He graduated from Fort Walton Beach High School in 1992 and departed for Provo, UT to attend Utah Valley State College.
In March of 1993 he went on his mission to London, England. While on his mission his family moved to Provo, UT. As luck would have it, they moved in across the street from my family.
He returned from his mission in March 1995. I graduated from Orem High School in May of 1995. We had our first date August 19.
Dust proposed on our six month anniversary, February 19, 1996.
We married four months later in the Salt Lake LDS temple--June 26.
I have been madly in love with Dustin for 17 years.
Here are 39 reasons why:
1- His brown eyes are magical. One look from him and I get butterflies in my stomach...still.
2- His smile. His eyes and teeth sparkle when he smiles...it's the best.
3- His laugh. I love his laugh. I especially love his laugh intertwined with mine and our girls' laughs.
4- He loves me completely. He loves me better than anyone ever could. Completely. Unconditionally.
5- He makes me smile.
6- He makes me laugh. I love when he makes me laugh. I love when he makes others laugh. His joking personality is my favorite. I can't imagine my life without his sense of humor.
7- He works hard for our family.
8- He is happy to help me however he can: he'll run errands, pick up girls, grab forgotten groceries, rub my back/feet/shoulders/neck, make sure the girls are obeying their mother, and tell me what I need to hear.
9- He is kind.
10- He is a kid at heart. He loves to color, build sandcastles, ride the girls' bikes and scooters, take naps, talk in Sacrament meeting, joke constantly and fall asleep eating candy.
11- He loves treats as much as I do.
12- He never complains. Seriously. Never. (Poor guy. He must go crazy listening to my complaining.)
13- He warms me up when I'm freezing cold. He doesn't get mad when I put my freezing cold feet on his legs. Bless him!
14- He understands my need to shop...not obsessively...just sporadically.
15- He's patient.
16- He always lets me control the remote.
17- He is sexy. His pecks and abs are the best. Oh, baby!
18- He's supportive. He understands my need to be a student at 35.
19- He is such a good dad. He loves his girls!
20- He loves to watch movies and TV shows with me.
21- He hates to share food. He'll purposely get movie candy he knows I won't want: Junior Mints, Milk Duds, Whoppers. Perhaps this should bother me but it doesn't. It just makes me smile.
22- He has baby soft feet. He wears the same pair of socks for days. He doesn't wash them after he wears them each day. He just shoves them back in his work boots. (I've tried to change this habit of his but it's hopeless. And apparently not necessary.) His feet don't sweat and they don't ever stink. They're seriously baby feet.
23- He loves to sleep as much as I do.
24- He never complains about my complete aversion to raw meat. Even when I declared our vegetarian status he didn't moan or whine. He just ate all the meat he could for lunch each day--restaurant style.
25- His testimony is constantly growing. He leads our family by his example. He trusts in the Lord.
26- He absolutely loves his mom. He will forever cherish her memory.
27- He is always willing to help with our girls: field trips, coaching teams, attending birthday parties, shopping, beach outings. He'll do it all. Every mom in town is jealous of my awesome hubby.
28- He remembers everyone. Random boy from his sophomore math class. He knows his name, where he worked, and who his parents are.
29- He is completely loyal. He would never do anything to betray me or those he loves.
30- He adores our nieces and nephews.
31- His love for our grandparents is the sweetest thing to witness. He absolutely cherishes them.
32- He works hard. He plays hard. He laughs hard. He loves with all he has.
33- He makes me feel appreciated. Always.
34- He is the best end to every day. We laugh. We talk. We watch TV. We read. We cuddle. He makes me excited to wrap up every day...it just gets better and better.
35- He likes the bathroom light completely dimmed while he showers. He stands in the stream of water on one leg, like a flamingo. He holds his arms in front of him at about a 45 degree angle so the water can trickle down his arms. Anytime I walk into the bathroom and see him in this position it makes me laugh. It is quintessential showering Dust.
36- He loves to watch NFL games as much as I do. Although we like an occasional NCAA game NFL is what we prefer.
37- I still remember the way he smelled on our first date. Occasionally he smells just like it and it sets my stomach on tilt-o-whirl. He will forever make my head spin round and round. I love my guy!
38- He honors his priesthood.
39- He is the ultimate family guy and I love, love, love him.
Baby, I love you!!
Happy 39th birthday!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment