Today I feel like a woman.
While it may be true I've been a woman for quite sometime, today I took a big step in becoming a real woman. What was that big step, you ask...
I had my first mammogram.
I've been married for over 16 years. I've run my own household since June 1996. I've had four babies and raised them into what I believe are beautiful young ladies. Somehow I've aged in the process. (That's weird!) I've served in every auxiliary presidency at church, served on the PTO Board for years, volunteered in numerous capacities at the schools, church, and otherwise. I've loved, fed, and nurtured my man.
But not until today as I was squished, pulled, and x-rayed did I truly feel like I'd reached womanhood.
Check that off my bucket list...till next year.
Without getting too graphic or too personal let's just say: certainly that process must be a bit easier for more buxom women--women that can easily place their bosoms on a level plane. That's a tad more difficult when you're chest is comparable to that yellow bikini. You know the one..."itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny."
In other news: our house was shown today and there's another showing tomorrow morning. Yippee!! Let's get this wagon train a-movin'!
No comments:
Post a Comment