I'm sorry to say that for now my posts will just be words. For me pictures are my favorite part of a blog. I rarely read every word on a blog post. I just want to "see the goods". If you're like me and are just here for pictures, you may have to wait a day or two...or ten.
This post is going to be a dumping ground for several random thoughts:
Our house is no longer the only one for sale in Harbor Breeze. The house directly across the street from us is now for sale too. Seriously? Why now??? Grrrr!!!!!
I love the month of December! I love Christmas shopping! I love selecting gifts for my girls! I love sitting next to my Christmas tree, the room all aglow with its beautiful twinkle lights. I love pulling up to the house at night and seeing Dust's meticulous lighting job on the house. Oh how I love that fact that he loves perfectly spaced and straight lights too! I love receiving dozens and dozens of darling Christmas cards!
I love the Primary Program. It is one of my favorite Sundays of the year. The kids did such a great job today! (Tatum cannot wait to be done with the programs. Ashton loves every minute of it; she sang with all her might today.) I was teary most of the program. Hearing the kids' testimonies of our Savior and why they want to choose the right pulled at my heart strings. It always does.
I broke my no-eating-after-7pm rule tonight. Dang it! I popped popcorn, poured a bit of melted butter over the top and added a bit of sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. For good measure I tossed in a handful of M&Ms. It was delicious! But now I'm so irritated with myself. I'm usually so good about obeying my own rule. The Rogers' kitchen closes at 7pm!! Must remember!
I have a love/hate relationship with smart phones and tablets. I love them when I need information immediately or when I need to get ahold of someone (or when I'm bored). But when we're sitting together and five of our six family members are on an electronic device I get irritated. I need to seriously limit the amount of time we spend "connected" before we become completely disconnected.
I absolutely love "The Family Stone". I've already watched it once this Christmas season and find myself longing for another time, really soon, that I can watch it without the gnawing feeling that I'm being too wasteful with my time.
I hope to someday live close enough to my siblings that I don't have to be glued to my phone for a conversation. It would be amazing to speak face to face rather than ear to ear. This Florida/California/Canada/Montana deal is getting old!
I'm going to miss the Millers like crazy when we move. Pulling Kennedy and Carson apart is going to break my heart!! Last year they had six periods together, this year they have four. They are best buddies and have been for years--since birth really. Stetson is my front seat buddy for all our Youth Co. meetings. We have an hour car ride (one way--two total) to each of our meetings. We have so much fun together: laughing, joking, talking about school and the future. He's such a great kid! Brody is the best kid in the world to watch a funny movie with. His laugh is the greatest! Stacey has been my go-to helper for 12 years. She's always willing to offer a hand when I need it. Kenne, Tater, and Bug slept at her house Friday night so they'd be out of our hair for Tana's birthday party. She's the best. Jonny's Mr. Cool and a true family guy. It's really going to be sad to leave them behind!
I feel like I'm less productive than I was a decade ago. I'm so much more distracted now. I got so much more done when we had dial-up internet, archaic cell phones, and limited cable tv. I scoured my bathrooms and mopped my floors two to three times a week and vacuumed daily (my whole house daily). I just don't have it in me nowadays. It's crazy too because I had a 3.5 year old, a two year old and a newborn. I was the energizer bunny. I either need to be 25 again or ditch my up-to-date electronics! I'm going to be pathetic when I'm 45...I'll be napping five times a day and/or completely glued to my devices. Sheesh!
I'm not a cuddler. My body bubble is crucial. Some days I can tolerate a bit of snuggling but other days I feel like I'm going to blow. You know, like Kesha. Tonight while I was reading "The Christmas Sweater" to the fam Bug and Tater each tried to snuggle into me. I was fine for a couple pages and then I snapped. I had to have them off my lap, the blanket off, my hoodie off. It was ridiculous!
Dust is working on his resume. It's time to seriously start the job hunt in Utah. Sweet Jeff Kahn, Dad's friend, is going to meet with Dust while we're in Provo to help him find something. Apparently Jeff is the job whisperer...he finds jobs for everyone. We're very thankful he's willing to lend a hand.
I registered for a class in September--European Family History. I did homework one day (one day!) and have yet to pick up where I left off. January 2013 I am going to seriously put the pedal to the metal! After this class I'll have eight more. Once we're living in Provo I'll be able to take classes on campus at BYU. Hallelujah! I won't have to do my remaining work online. I'll actually be able to take more than two classes a year. I work at a snail's pace online but yet it's exhausting.
I realized the other day that when we move we'll be leaving behind the southern life that I have to come to love so much. We'll no longer be in the land of water towers, yes ma'ams/no sirs, y'all, fixin', all y'all, impeccable manners, monogrammed dresses, giant hair bows, and to-die-for barbecue. We'll no longer enjoy our fabulously clean seaside air--humid air, but clean air.
I am so thankful for the opportunity to be surrounded by loving family members. Always. My whole life I have been supported, encouraged, loved, cared for, cheered on, and carried along. I am thankful for my tremendous family. My heart aches for those who are ridiculed, abused, neglected, and fearful of their family members. How I wish everyone knew of the joy that exists "when there's love at home". I will forever think of my sweet great Grandma Whittle when I sing or hear that song. It was her favorite and truly became her personal testimony to her posterity, "There is beauty all around when there's love at home. There is joy in every sound when there's love at home."
My house is full of junk food. blech! We have leftovers from Tana's party, junk that I bought at the store because I shopped when hungry (cardinal sin), and bags of candy from yesterday's Destin Christmas parade. I made the girls go through their bags and throw away every single piece of bubble gum. I bet they threw away at least fifty pieces, probably more. That stuff disgusts me! The smell is atrocious and I shutter at the thought of my girls chewing sugar gum...it's like an open invitation to sugar bugs. "Welcome, I'm so glad you could come. Here, please eat my teeth. I'd love to have a mouth full of cavities." Yuck! No thank you!
Friday, while in yoga, I was craving Mother's Taffy cookies. They're divine. I really hope Santa puts them in my stocking this year. (I haven't ever found them in Destin and I miss them.) Tomorrow while in yoga, I'll think about yoga, not cookies. Tomorrow while in yoga, I'll think about yoga, not cookies. Tomorrow while in yoga, I'll think about yoga, not cookies.
Last night Dust made a discovery...Old Navy sells Big Hunks. That's one of his favorite candies and we've never, ever, seen them here before. Score! (For him. I think they're yucky. But my cute hubby is thrilled and that makes me happy!)
Tatum thinks we're all going to get fat when we move to Utah because we're so excited to eat at our favorite spots: Cafe Rio, Magleby's Fresh, & Kneader's. There are others but those are the most-talked and most-anticipated about spots. FYI: we won't get fat. There are too many glorious hills, trails, and mountains to climb. Yee haw! Running and hiking in Utah is one of my favorite hobbies!
I just realized I'm exhausted. My eyes are burning. It's time for bed. Good night, sweetheart! It's time to go...
I think that storage thing is a bunch of bull! I had to go through and delete a bunch of pictures, but I already had my books done. If you need help, let me know! :)
ReplyDelete