I am on my fourth day of a sick girlie at home. Ashton was home last Thursday and Friday with strep throat. (Thursday I had Brantley too.) Tatum was home yesterday and is home again today. (Brantley is here today as well.) Tater doesn't have strep; we went to the doctor yesterday afternoon. --Sometimes it's better to have strep. That way you can actually get a prescription and start feeling better more quickly.
I have washed my hands countless times in the past five days. We have repeatedly sprayed Lysol on doorknobs, light switches, remotes, phones, keyboards, faucets, flushers, and any other possible germ-holding item.
I have held, cuddled, read to, slept with, run errands for, sung to, watched TV with, wrapped up, uncovered, fed, watered, and loved my sweet little sickies.
Tatum and Ashton are quite different when they're sick. Ashton is perpetually happy. There is so little that gets that girl down. Even when her fever is 102, her throat hurts, and she aches from head to toe she's happy as a clam. Tatum literally doesn't say a word. She likes to be right by my side but she won't talk. She won't say a word. She won't answer when I ask what hurts. She just gets tears in her eyes. That's how she communicates. It's heartbreaking.
Thanks to Dust's help I managed to work out Thursday and Friday (although I missed my favorite yoga class Friday morning. sniff.) I didn't work out yesterday. (And once again I missed yoga.) I have yet to work out today. I'm feeling very antsy...I might jump out of my skin. I have no idea how people don't work out. I literally would go insane. Not because I love every minute of every run but because I love releasing my energy. I love utilizing the fuel I have fed my body. I love challenging myself, pushing harder, going faster.
I baked three batches of my delicious chocolate chip cookies this morning. (I am a cookie connoisseur and I have yet to find a better cookie than mine. Just sayin'... It's literally one of the only things I do really well in the kitchen so I feel like I can brag just a bit. haha!) The girls will be delivering them to their many, many teachers tomorrow. We are so thankful for our fabulous teachers and hope they all have a very happy Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment