My heart is breaking for a friend's second grade son. His name is Beckham. He has been bullied by the same boy since October of first grade. Unfortunately until recently his parents had no idea what was happening. They knew Beckham was under some kind of stress because he had been pulling out his hair, eyelashes and eyebrows but they were unaware that Beckham was being bullied each and every day at school.
Please go to trytobebrave.blogspot.com to read about Beckham's experiences. As a mother my heart truly breaks to think about Ryan and Marna, Beckham's parents. They are phenomenal people. (I went on few dates with Ryan before Dust and I started dating. He's great.) They are actively involved in their children's lives. I cannot imagine the pain and guilt they must be feeling.
I have thought about their family so much recently. I have prayed for them and ask that you will too.
Ryan's little sister, Shardae, is the author of the blog. I am so impressed by her desire to help spread the word so that this problem will be better understood and hopefully avoided in the future, not only for Beckham but others as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment